Saturday, April 30, 2011

Wire Basket Light Fixture and Garage Makeover Update

I found this rusty wire basket at a local floral supply store for $5.00.

I knew it was destined to be a light fixture. I had hoped to change the dated one in my laundry room but today... I discovered this beauty while working on my garage make-over...
I really can't believe I never noticed this light. It must have had a burnt out bulb for years. First, I cut a hole in the bottom of the basket with wire cutters.
Then, I fitted it to the fixture. It was a hair too big, so I wrapped floral wire around the stem until it fit snugly.
This is how it looks finished.

Easy Peasey!!
This was my garage a few days ago. Remember, homeowner neglect??
Today..
Another pic...

Today...

On to the other side!

1 comment:

  1. Your garage is beautiful... My garage is envious.....
    And that light: yowza!
    Super cute! Great work..... :)


    hugs xx Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete