Saturday, May 28, 2011

Thrift Store Find

I decided to take a break from the perpetual cleaning and head to the thrift store, since I am kidless for the day.

                                I stumbled upon this...



I wasn't certain what it was at first but my trusted shopping partner said "it's a turkey roaster". Whatever it's former intent, I really liked it and quickly took the price tag off as if I had found an awesome deal. Since I am not a turkey roasting kind of girl nor would I trust it's ability to not burn my house down, I envisioned using it as a planter. After cleaning it up, I now see using it as a beverage bucket. Ice and bottles..... Not too bad for $14.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! A cookie jar!

    Seriously~ when I was a girl, my grandmother (when not roasting a turkey of course) kept the top part of her turkey roaster filled with creme filled sugar (waffle) cookies.
    Oh.YES. SHE. DID.
    And if you opened the bottom---you could find candy she had hidden away.

    ReplyDelete