Saturday, July 2, 2011

Tappan Deluxe Stove

My latest challenge has been how to update my kitchen and the area behind my
new-to-me stove. Here it is ......







Isn't it beautiful?!?

A friend of mine had it sitting in his basement since he bought his house years ago. He saw my kitchen and knew I'd LOVE this stove. He gave it to me! I am in the "contemplating stage". I need a shelf or shelves above the stove to increase my storage but they have to be WORTHY of surrounding my Tappan! I only have a small 24" shelf to the left. I would like to have a place for my utensils, pot holders and vintage knives. Maybe a few canisters too. Remember...everything has a function in my house! I'm definitely not a retro girl so the 40's decor will not work for me. I am up for suggestions. Anyone have any thoughts?

Linking up with Donna at
and Rhoda at
SouthernHospThriftyTreasures copy_thumb

Have a Great 4th,
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Love the stove.. and free!!! how could you have gone wrong...not sure about the shelves.. I like retro..but I understand it's not your thing.. can't wait to see what you come up with! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete