Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"Stone Soup" Patio


Ok, I've been a big CHICKEN about posting on my blog. I spent way too much time worrying about the layout and what I would say. I have been doing this project/decorating thing for a very long time. I purchased my house 10 years ago now and can't tell you how many things I've done. I'm going to just jump in and show you a project I've been thinking about for awhile. I worked on it last Friday and I am almost done.
Last Fall I envisioned a small sitting area for myself in my front flower bed. I really need a place to sit while the kids are playing outside. I've resided to the one step on the porch for years. I always groan when they want to play out front. We have a great fenced-in backyard but they always want to play out front! So, in the fall, I transplanted my perenials from in front of the window to the backyard. A few weeks ago I stopped by my favorite second hand furniture store and found the best chippy white wrought iron furniture. I got 4 chairs, one cafe table, an end table, and 4 cushions for a whoppin $38!! Score! The same day my friend Jonelle stopped over. I excitedly told her about my new patio set and my plans for a small patio. She said " I have 500 or so bricks in my garage you can have". No Way! I only need good weather to install " The Pad". This is before I leveled the area and transplanted the holly bush. Check back to see the finished "Pad"!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I never did see the "island". Remember? The one you created for your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete